Find All the info you need to sign up and write your letters including instructions, sample letters and fact sheets, on our Power of the Pen Page.
Power of the Pen (POP) is a county by county Get Out The Vote (GOTV) effort to reach infrequent voters and new voters who are likely to vote Democratic if we can motivate them. Our purpose is to reach out to them through personal, handwritten letters and encourage them to vote in this election. Letter writers are emailed lists of 20 targeted voters, addresses, tracking numbers, instructions and a card to enclose with details about early vote sites and Democratic candidates. Sign up here. For help, call 919-667-6499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A few notes:
Basic Concepts for letter writing:
- Personal & handwritten
- Write from the heart
- About the Importance of the election and issues
- Give early vote information
- Give precinct information
- Offer any assistance
Be sure to include The “Turn NC Blue” card !
- Explains the ballot and voting law changes,
- Has endorsements for Democratic candidates in contested local races
- Has Statewide Judges endorsements
- Has Early Vote information when available
Power of the Pen has developed a unique formula for targeting new and infrequent voters who are likely to vote Democratic if they can be persuaded to go vote. Power of the Pen has analyzed the data and determined the number of potential voters in each county. We believe:
- If we turn out an additional 160,000 voters who do not normally vote in non-presidential elections, we can return Senator Hagan to the US Senate.
- Then we can also elect fair state-wide judges.
- Assist Democratic Congressional and General Assembly candidates.
- We need to flex our muscle and show our commitment to Democratic values. Then stay organized to ensure our issues are addressed.
Next week we will publish the chart with statewide numbers. You will see we have a BIG job ahead of us. That is why we ask you to help us recruit other letter writers.
Have a great time writing your letters, and thank you so much!